Alcohol Occasionals 2023 – Call for proposal submissions
Scottish Health Action on Alcohol Problems (SHAAP) and the Scottish Alcohol Research Network (SARN) invite researchers to submit their research proposals for the 2023 Alcohol Occasionals series.
The 2023 SHAAP/SARN Alcohol Occasionals will be based on the theme of “Alcohol in a changing world”. We encourage researchers to view this theme as broad in order to cover a wide range of relevant topics including the cost of living crisis, climate change, pandemics, changing alcohol policies, changing alcohol marketing and more.
We are interested to hear from researchers from any discipline who wish to share their research relating to this theme at our 2023 seminar series with an audience of fellow researchers, practitioners, policymakers, and the public. We welcome presentations from new and early career researchers and/or international researchers. These seminars will take place online and offer researchers a great opportunity to showcase their work to a wide audience, with an average of 250 registrants at each occasional in 2022.
There will be four seminars, all 12:45pm-2pm UK time (dates to be confirmed):
- Wednesday, 29th March 2023
- Tuesday, 25th April 2023
- Wednesday, 24th May 2023
- Tuesday, 20th June 2023
All proposals must include a completed conflict of interest form. Applications will not be considered without a completed form.
- The proposal must relate to the theme (“Alcohol in a changing world”)
- The proposal should include a reflection on how the research relates to Scotland
- The proposal should be written clearly and be structured using the following headings: Background, Methods, Results, Conclusion
- Word limit: 300 words (excluding title)
- Ensure all authors have approved the submission
- Provide funding information and declare any conflicts of interest (see conflict of interest form)
The deadline for proposal submissions is 9am, Monday 6 February 2023.
With the presenter’s permission we will record and share each seminar recording, and we also write an event report to further disseminate research findings and discussion points from the seminar. Previous event reports can be found on SHAAP’s website: https://shaap.org.uk/downloads/alcohol-occasionals.html
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to reviewing your proposals.