Changing Scotland’s relationship with alcohol: Recommendations for further action - joint report by SHAAP, AFS, BMA and Scottish Families affected by Alcohol and Drugs
Overarching recommendations to the Scottish Government:
- Establish a target to reduce overall population alcohol consumption in Scotland by 10% over ten years
- Apply a ‘health in all policies’ approach, including a specific assessment of potential alcohol harm
- Address alcohol’s role in health inequalities
- Recommission NHS Health Scotland to evaluate the impact of the alcohol strategy refresh
- Support the establishment of a research and evidence network
A comprehensive list of thematic recommendations are also provided on: Reduced consumption; Supporting families and communities; Positive attitudes, positive choices; and Improved treatment and support.
Please view the report to view the recommendations in detail.
|File Size:||1.49 MB|
|Created Date:||15th Apr 2017|
|Last Updated:||15th Apr 2019|