SHAAP aims to provide an authoritative medical voice on the impact of alcohol on the health of the people of Scotland and to campaign for action to reduce this harm.
The work we do involves:
- Raising awareness of the nature and extent of alcohol-related harm in Scotland;
- Reviewing established and emerging evidence and carrying out new research to identify the most effective interventions to reduce alcohol-related health damage;
- Specifying how effective alcohol strategies and policies can be practically implemented at a Scottish, UK and international level;
- Campaigning for the adoption of effective strategies to reduce the burden of alcohol-related harm in Scotland.
- Read more here: Tackling Scotland's alcohol problem